Whether you need an endless supply of hot water, efficient home heating or both, Navien has the most energy efficient solutions.
Navien offers the industry’s most advanced condensing tankless water heaters, condensing boilers and the first combi-boilers strong enough to support whole house heating and hot water for larger homes.
Navien’s high efficiency and eco-friendly condensing technology can reduce energy consumption by 20% and significantly reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Navien makes it easy to go tankless
“We were tired of running out of hot water, high energy bills and the idea of constantly heating a big old water storage tank. That’s why we asked our contractor to install a Navien Premium Efficiency (NPE) tankless water heater. We researched the Energy Star website and found Navien on top of the energy factor list. Now we get endless hot water when we need it and we’re not heating water when we don’t.”
All the hot water you need, for as long as you need it.
How it works
- When a hot water tap is opened, the tankless water heater detects the flow
- The flow sensor activates to determine the amount of hot water needed
- The igniter activates
- The gas control valve opens to supply the correct amount of gas
- The fan and venturi activate to provide the correct amount of gas and fuel
- The premix burner ignites providing a flame to heat the water
- Cold water is pre-heated in the secondary heat exchanger
- Pre-heated water passes from the secondary to the primary heat exchanger
- The unit determines outgoing set temperature and adjusts the flame to heat the water
- Heated water moves to the buffer tank
- Desired hot water amount delivered to the faucet
Protect the environment as you add value
Navien primary condensing stainless steel heat exchangers recover extra heat that would be lost in non-condensing tankless water heaters to reduce energy consumption and CO₂ emissions. That keeps exhaust temperatures very low — so low that economical Schedule 40 PVC pipe can be used for venting in almost all applications.
Navien NPE series condensing tankless water heaters deliver an endless supply of hot water for any size home. Besides providing hot water where and when it’s needed, Navien NPE series condensing tankless water heaters offer homeowners the following benefits:
- Much more energy efficient than old fashioned tank systems
- The highest energy efficiency in the industry — up to 0.97 UEF / 0.99 EF
- Energy Star certified
- Backed by the industry’s strongest warranty — 15 years on heat exchangers
- Takes about 80% less space than old fashioned tank heaters
- Longer lasting than tank heaters
- Easy to use control panel
- Elegant, clean appearance
- Improves resale value
- Ideal for replacements or new construction