FortisBC is rewarding those people installing a heat efficient, direct vent, electronic ignition fireplace.
We will be glad to assist you in the process of choosing wisely. Give us a call to discuss your new fireplace replacement of project. 604-540-6151 ext 3.
For full details, you can check out the FortisBC website here: $300 rebate
Please note final deadlines to apply for the natural gas fireplace rebate:
- Eligible equipment must be installed and all invoices must be dated on or before December 31, 2023.
- You have up to six months from the invoice date to submit your rebate application.
- Example: if the invoice date is October 15, 2023, your rebate application must be submitted by April 15, 2024.
UPDATE: AUGUST 10, 2023- FORTIS BC:
We wanted to inform you of some changes that are coming to our rebate programs.
On June 30, 2023, the B.C. Government made a regulation change that discontinues the ability to offer rebates and incentives for gas equipment that operates at less than 100 per cent energy efficient. This means there will be changes to most of our rebates for gas furnaces, boilers, combination systems, water heaters and fireplaces.
These changes mean you can still apply for these rebates for eligible equipment that is installed, with all invoices dated, on or before December 31, 2023.
• If you’re participating in our Home Renovation Rebate Program, you have up to six months from the installation invoice date to submit your rebate application.
o For example, if the invoice date is October 15, 2023, your rebate application must be submitted by April 15, 2024.
• If you’re participating in our low-income programs, you have up to 12 months from the installation invoice date to submit your rebate application.
o For example, if the invoice date is October 15, 2023, your rebate application must be submitted by October 15, 2024.
o There are some exceptions for low-income customers and Indigenous communities. Please refer to the specific rebate program webpage for more information.
As energy efficiency is a key part in helping customers reduce their energy use and monthly energy bills, we will continue to offer rebates on upgrades like insulation, windows and doors. Even though certain rebates will not be available next year, you can continue to use gas and we encourage you to install high-efficiency gas equipment in your home.
We understand these changes may impact your current or future plans to upgrade your natural gas equipment and we’re here to help. If you have any questions, please reach out to our customer contact centre at 1-855-909-2329.
The FortisBC rebate team